- Key Takeaways
- PARTICIPANT PROFILE
- PROGRAMME FORMAT
- Programme Dates
- PEDAGOGY AND FACULTY
There is a huge emphasis on infrastructure India, Africa and other Asian countries.For example,nearly INR 39 Lakh crores is expected to be invested in urban infrastructure,in the next 20 years.In the coming years,the industry needs good leaders who can undersatnd the multidisciplinary challanges of the sector and dive the nation into future.To fulfil that pipeline,mid-career professionlas in the industry need to be equipped with the necessary skills and competencies related to multiple disciplines: Strategic Planning,Fianance,Economics,Law,Social and Enviromental Issues,Pubic Policy and other subjects.This needs a structured programme of learning.Advanced Management Programme for Infrastructure(AMPI) is designed to cater to precisely this need.
- TERM 1: GENERAL MANAGEMENT
- Managerial Statistics
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Change Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Managing Teams
- Fundamentals of Finance
- TERM 2: FUNDAMENTALS OF INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT
- Social & Environmental Issues in Infrastructure
- Infrastructure Project Management
- Contract Management
- Infrastructure Economics
- Fundamentals of Real Estate Management
- TERM 3: ESSENTIALS OF INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT
- Infrastructure Finance
- Legal Issues & Dispute Resolution
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Infrastructure Regulation
- Advanced Aspects of Real Estate Management
- TERM 4: ADVANCED INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGEMENT
- Strategic Planning for Infrastructure
- Developing an Entrepreneurial Venture for Infrastructure
- Public Private Partnership (PPP)
- Digital transformation of Infrastructure Business
- ACTION LEARNING PROJECTS
Students will work in teams of 4-7 on existing practical problems in the industry. Each team will be under the mentorship of a faculty.
The programme focuses on building leaders in the sector by addressing the following capability requirements in participants.
- Build Leadership and teamwork skills
- Learning the ability to manage change
- Develop business acumen and adopt an itergrative approach to decision making
- Adopting a scientific,data-driven approach to resolving business risks
- Recognise emerging trends in the Real Estate and Infrastructure industry and be prepared to leverage them for one's organisation
- Dealing with uncertainty and risks
- Experiential learning through team-based solving of a real-life problem
- Learn specifics about the digital transformation of the infrastructure business
- Developing a strategic outlook for the management of Public-Private Partnerships
- Acquiring an understanding of the infrastructure ecosystem
Who should attend?
- A Manager, Senior Manager, Project Manager, Deputy General Manager or an Executive above, who has worked in a developer, construction, estate management or project management company, and are looking to have a broader, business-oriented role in the near term. Typically, you are working in the Corporate Function, Finance, Project Design, Project Management, Engineering and Maintenance, Marketing and Sales Functions of an organisation.
- A first or second-generation Entrepreneur, Owner, Manager, Promoter of a mid-sized Infrastructure, Construction, Real Estate company, who is looking to bring in professional management principles into running their business and/or are looking to expand their business.
A Management Consultant who is looking for an indepth understanding of the infrastructure industry, including the urban sector. A Lawyer, Banker, Insurance Professional who works with/for infrastructure projects & transactions and who is looking for an in-depth understanding of the infrastructure industry, including the urban sector.
The programme is scheduled to commence on April 26, 2019. The four residencies will be run across both campuses. The residency dates are as follows.
|Orientation Day*||Jul 24, 2020||Mohali|
|Residency 1||Jul 25 - Aug, 2020||Mohali|
|Residency 2||Nov 28 - Dec 06, 2020||Mohali|
|Residency 3||Jan 30 - Feb 07, 2021||Mohali|
|Residency 4||April 16 - 25, 2021||Hyderabad|
*Part of Residency 1
Note: While every effort will be made not to change the dates of the residencies, ISB reserves the right to modify the schedule in case of extraneous reasons.
An undergraduate degree in any discipline, with at least one year of experience in an infrastructure or allied industry is required. An overall work experience of six to eight years is desirable. Entrepreneurs and consultants with three years of experience are eligible to apply.
Applications to the AMPI will be considered by the Admissions Committee, which will review a range of criteria and consider the overall balance of each applicant’s qualifications. Applicants will be selected based on their leadership potential, their commitment to the industry and quality of prior work experience.
|Last date for submitting
24 - 26, 2020
AMPI is a rigorous and challenging programme. It is designed as a 12-month, modular programme with four residencies, delivered in a blended learning format that minimises disruption at work.
Classroom learning will be delivered through four residencies of nine days each, once every quarter. Each residency shall include full days of classes and evenings will be used for co-curricular engagements. Participants will be required to stay on campus during these residencies.
The online interactive technology platform will be used to keep participants engaged in learning while they are not on campus. It will deliver courses and tutorials to clarify doubts.
Participants are expected to spend eight to ten hours per week studying pre-reading material before classes commence each term. The pre-course reading materials, which will be in the form of cases, articles, etc., will be made available to all participants in advance through a Learning Management System. Textbooks will be available for reference in the library and purchase at the on-campus book store.
The AMPI will be taught by globally-renowned faculty from ISB and other premier educational institutions. The programme will adopt adult learning pedagogies and emphasise on action and application rather than lecturing and theory. The pedagogy will involve the integration of faculty lectures with case study discussions, simulations and group activities.
Commonwealth Secretariat, London
Clinical Professor of Business; Member, Management Council, Centre for Leadership, Innovation, and Change (CLIC)